Paisley

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snow and Birthdays

My sister sent me a text on Wednesday morning that said, "Does your whole state really shut down for a foot of snow?!?!" My response: "Yes. But that will not stop me from getting to work." I mean, I really didn't have a choice! The nurses who had been working since the storm hit were pulling 16 and 20 hour shifts, while sleeping at the hospital in empty rooms during their short breaks of time off. I wanted to get to the hospital and do my job, although I was VERY nervous about making it on the roads. However, my amazing husband got me to and from work safely, and hopefully next week won't be my turn for getting stuck at the hospital (they are predicting more snow/ice for next week).

In other news, today is my mother-in-law and one of my brothers-in-law birthday! We were going to all go out to eat tonight, but I don't think my mother-in-law will be able to make it back into town. So, hopefully it will be postponed, and until then...HAPPY BIRTHDAY Elizabeth and Samuel!! We love you guys and hope you both have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment