Paisley

Friday, February 11, 2011

Card Catalogue Valentine's

Remember going to the library as a child, learning how to use a card catalogue to look up books instead of the Internet? Well, I'm not really old, but I did grow up learning about ol' Dewey Decimal and how to look up a book using the ancient card catalogues. I really hadn't given card catalogues a lot of thought lately (um, no surprise there, right? Internet, yes, please!) but I relived my elementary school days yesterday when A and I got a Valentine in the mail.

My sister sent A and I the CUTEST and definitely most creative Valentine I've gotten in a while. Of course, my sister definitely has the creative gene in the family! :) She got a card out of an old card catalogue relating to love, and drew a picture on the front that corresponded with the title. On the back she wrote us a note for Valentine's Day. If I can figure out how to upload pics on here, I will post a picture of it. Cheap (aka free) minus the stamp, but seriously, awesome idea!

Thanks, Al, for the totally cool Valentine. Yours is in the mail...but it's not near as creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment