Paisley

Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Vindow Viper and First Product Review!

When my sister and I were little, we loved listening to my dad tell us stories. One of our favorite "scary" stories was the story of the Vindow Viper. Here's how it went: (at least what I can recall)

In the early 1900s, when the telephone was fairly new, a couple lived in a little house out in the woods. One day, while the husband was at work, the wife got a phone call. "I am the Vindow Viper and I will be at your house in one hour." The wife was scared; what in the world was a Vindow Viper? Since she had no way to get to town, she was stuck all alone in her house. She quickly shut the windows and made sure everything was locked. Thirty minutes later she got another phonecall; "The Vindow Viper will be at your house in thirty minutes," the voice said. Scared, she put down the phone again and sat down to cry; by this time she was shaking. Finally, thirty minutes later, a man showed up knocking at her door. She peeked out the curtain; a man with what appeared to be cleaning tools was at her door. "Who is it?" she asked. "The Vindow Viper, ma'am. I'm here to clean your vindows." "Ahhh!!" thought the wife. It finally made sense--her husband had hired someone to clean the windows for her; it was not someone scary after all-just a Window Wiper with an accent!

Of course, when I re-tell (or re-write) this story, it doesn't sound near as good as when my dad would tell it to us. Of course, I am not able to add in his "scary tone" to it, so just imagine it told as a terrifying tell.

This weekend, I went over to my mother-in-law's house to help her wash windows in preparation for her upcoming move. As we were outside, this story came to mind. Anytime someone mentions washing windows, I can't help but recall this story!

My MIL introduced me to a new product to help make cleaning outdoor windows much easier. While it does not give your windows a streak free shine, it definitely gets the dirt off and makes cleaning outside windows fun. She actually went back over some of the windows with glass cleaner when we were finished, but for the most part, this is a great product.

Windex Outdoor All-In-One

All you have to do is wet the pad (which is good for 20 windows!); wet your window; wipe; and rinse again. We used the spray nozzle on her hose, and with the two of us, only took about 30 minutes to do all of of her windows (about 22-we used plain Windex on the back two windows and used the same process).

The kit costs about $14.99 and comes with the pole and 1 refill. Refill packs are about $4.99 for 2. I think you can even adjust the height on the pole (although I am not sure on this).

Overall, this is a great product, especially if you are someone who hates cleaning the outside of your windows!

No comments:

Post a Comment